Orkney has a world-renowned reputation for leading innovation in energy and renewables. By improving and expanding our existing harbours and marine assets, we can meet the needs of changing markets and position Orkney as a world leading maritime hub, open to new business and opportunity
During the first phase, the following developments have been proposed:
- Scapa Deep Water Quay: New multi-user deep water pier and quayside facility with laydown area
- Hatston Pier: New pier and quayside infrastructure, ship lift, fuel facility and land for harbour operations
- Kirkwall: New quayside infrastructure, marina expansion and waterfront development area
- Scapa Pier: Pier extension into deeper water with the addition of shoreside area
- Stromness: Marina expansion and dedicated cruise tender pontoon
To read our Orkney Harbours brochure, you can download it here.Download PDF
With Orkney community every step of the way
Orkney is no stranger to ambition and innovation. Orcadians are proud of the islands they call home and recognise the importance of stewarding the land and economy for future generations.
The OHA Masterplan has been created with the local community at its heart, outlining a journey towards better opportunities for local people and the economy. We believe that now is the time to invest in our facilities and infrastructure so that we can meet the needs of changing markets, grow new businesses and safeguard Orkney’s harbours and community assets for future generations.
Not only will the Masterplan safeguard existing jobs, but it will also create new ones, providing career opportunities across the entire archipelago. With our commitment to sustainable development, as well as the ambition to promote Orkney as a world-leader in the marine sector, we are building a better Orkney for everyone.
To keep up-to-date with the latest news and Orkney Harbour developments, sign up to our mailing list.